| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Help for PCB Layout quality, improvements, fixes.

Didan , 09-02-2019, 11:46 AM
Dear forum, Im developing a hardware project and currently I'am doing a layout revision in my company. What managers desire is to improve power circuit in the board/project.
Well ,i need to explain a little how the circuit work but without give confidential details because its a commercial product, but I would like tips about how this layout looks like now from experienced pcb layout engineers from this forum and from this, what I should do to improve it, about everything you guys think is necessary to change, fix, etc. What is important about this board for everyone analyze and understand is that it has a switching power supply module which receives 220VAC and output 5V. Moreover, was added a buck-boost for fixex output 4.2V, and it is to keep battery charged in 4.2V. I also have a linear regulator 3.3V output to feed microcontrollers and other parts of board. Well, I marked some components on layout and Im open for any help to analyze current board and how to improve it. Any additional doubt, just let me know ( I really cant give details about components name, IC's name, etc but let u question and if possible I answer for your better understanding).
robertferanec , 09-03-2019, 08:29 AM
It may be very hard to help just from a few screenshots. Maybe you have some more specific questions?
Comments:
Didan, 09-03-2019, 11:05 AM
Hi Robert, I would like a feedback from this layout and I if there are doubts, just let me know, then I should explain because I need to know what informationb you really need that are missed from screenshots. For instance, voltage track from battery conector I indicated on screenshots, its close to board edge and I know from 20H rule its not good because EM radiation, but that board there arent so many high speed signals, only now from buck-boost which switching on 2.5Mhz. I would like to know how to design good buck-boost design layout for instance, low dropout linear regulator layout, any pdf reference is welcome. I found some on internet but its for only buck and only bost, not both.
robertferanec , 09-05-2019, 09:11 AM
@Didan, the best is to place specific questions here on the forum. Unfortunately I can not review designs (every day I receive at least three emails where people ask me to help them with their boards). However, what I can do, I try to answer specific technical questions.

Also, switching power supplies on 220V are not exactly my area - maybe some other people can help? That is why I asked to be more specific here.
Lakshmi , 09-10-2019, 04:11 AM
Hey Didan,
Just by looking at the image, it's very hard to tell nor we know the circuit and even the part number of the IC.
The best thing you can do is for a particular part number lets say for Regulator(Buck/Boost) OR LDO you can check the Evaluation board from the Manufacturer for that particular Part number IC.
I usually follow the Evaluation board design Gerber before I start routing.
You need to be careful while designing and running 220V in your board.
I hope this helps.

Thanks.
(Always try to write your question in points as it would be easier to read).
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?