| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Mechanical Views

mnpebm , 05-26-2020, 09:48 AM
In the following image, what is the component top view? The one on the far left. I always forget what the dashed lines mean.

Hung , 05-26-2020, 10:41 AM
i see that img1, 4 ( PCB land pattern) is top view
robertferanec , 05-28-2020, 07:03 AM
What is the component? That is a very unusual drawing.
mnpebm , 05-28-2020, 07:09 AM
chitransh92 , 05-30-2020, 12:20 PM
Hello @mnpebm,

Generally the manufacturers provide details of whether the drawing is done in 1st angle projection or 3rd angle projection, But nothing of this sort is provided in the datasheet of this product.

it seems Component top view is left most image bcoz..
  • Just after the pads inwards it shows a phantom line rectangle which resembles the place for the white plastic platform for the ferrite bead.
  • A doted rectangle in the center which specifies the space for the ferrite bead itself.
Center image is Right or left view.. For this component luckily both views are identical.

Right most is the bottom view as if you observe the component from bottom there will only be Pads and white platform for the bead. Hence no fancy doted or phantom lines drawn in the bottom view and obviously the pad numbers are reversed.

At times, subtle details like this confuse a designer on which pin to be considered as pin 1. Nevertheless , if you ensure that 1-6 and 3-4 are opposite in design it should not affect your design since it a transformer and physics will remain same as far as turn of transformer are concerned.
If Pin 6 is Input+ then pin 1 is Output+ and if Pin 4 is Input+ then Pin 3 is Output+, in both the cases pin 2 is your secondary CT.

Thank you.
robertferanec , 06-01-2020, 01:46 AM
That drawing of component is simply not drawn the best way - I would just not think about that too much. Picture of the real component will tell you much more.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?