| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

All technical knowledge In PCB

zuhaibchoudhary , 06-05-2020, 10:59 PM

I have a question Can you tell me where How can I learn about multilayer PCB proper routing of pads and ALL SAFETY MEASURE TERMS .
I want to be perfectionist In PCB .
robertferanec , 06-08-2020, 02:38 AM
Please, could you be more specific? I am not sure what kind of answer are you looking for. This is a very wide question.
zuhaibchoudhary , 06-08-2020, 02:43 AM
When designing A PCB what are the safety meaures And techniques names?
I know only EMI/EMC .
Also what spaces should be maintained between different types of components Etc.
I am looking for these kind of knowledge.
What are the all technical terms and names are there.
chitransh92 , 06-11-2020, 03:14 AM
Hello,
All this depends on the product you are designing and the environment that you are designing for.

EMI/EMC is indeed a buzz word for PCB designers by there are several other tests that a PCB has to pass through few of which are below:

1. Vibration tests
2. Environmental tests
3. High Pot/ Dielectric tests
4. Any specific standards that you are trying to comply and this itself is a specialization in many companies under "compliance Engineer"

I would suggest you search for commercial products and check their spec sheets and there they have a certification/Testing section with these details.
A power supply spec sheet will be a good start.

Thank you.
robertferanec , 06-11-2020, 11:49 PM
I would also add ESD test.

PS: I agree with @chitransh92 Often, this kind of knowledge is learned when working on specific projects. The question you asked is so broad, that you would have to spend a lot of time trying to study it and .... many of the things you would maybe never used e.g. if you are designing for medical you do not need to know about satellites and if you are designing for standard electronics you do not need to know much about other areas. Many areas have very specific requirements and some are very extensive. So, simple answer is, when you are designing a product, then search for specific requirements about that.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?