| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

CSI-2 Multiplexer

OmegaHertz , 06-21-2020, 06:32 AM
I got a few questions.

I Used "tca9545a" I2C Multiplexer for Raspicams. do i need this I2C Multiplexer? Can I just directly wiring?

and,This IC "NX3DV642" Mipi Switch. But, can it is IC driving Two Raspicams.

Thanks,

This Schema preliminary stage. Diff50 isn't diffpair. just Zo. Does this board work with raspberry?

How to read These datasheets?
robertferanec , 06-22-2020, 02:48 AM
- do the cameras have the same I2C address or you can set it? That what would be important to know if you need I2C multiplexer

I am not really sure what is the other question. Could you be more specific?
OmegaHertz , 06-22-2020, 04:07 AM
The cameras will be the same information (fps, pixels etc.) so I did not think that a single address is enough.

Would Bandwidth be sufficient for this mipi switch? Can I get images without problems according to my schema connections? Of course in the proper layout.

robertferanec , 06-27-2020, 12:59 AM
"The cameras will be the same information (fps, pixels etc.) so I did not think that a single address is enough."
- if the cameras are exactly the same and if you do not use multiplexer, then you will need to have a way to set different I2C address of each camera, so you can talk to them individually

However, it looks like your system will only work with one camera at the same time (the other camera will not be active), so multiplexing MIPI and multiplexing I2C is ok.

"Would Bandwidth be sufficient for this mipi switch? Can I get images without problems according to my schema connections? Of course in the proper layout."
- I do not know. Compare parameters of the multiplexer and the MIPI speed of your camera.
OmegaHertz , 06-27-2020, 02:15 AM
Thanks Robert,
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?