| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Product Description for EMC Test

Firasgany7 , 01-06-2021, 04:15 AM
Hello,
I'm writing a document that should explain about a mini-PC in my company in order to give information for EMC test engineers who don't know the product.

The mini-PC introduces high granularity modular design and parametric enclosure.

This is the product specification file.

I'm intending to make a one page brief overview of the product that could be useful before performing the EMC test and deciding whether the product should be authorized for FCC mark.

I was wondering what are the product-related parameters, specifications, description that should be in the document in order to give a previous knowledge for the EMC engineers before performing the test.

Here are some aspects that I thought of:
  • Power
  • Extensions for mini-PC
  • different enclosures for the SBC (including dimensions, Height, cooling ribs)
  • PCB Specs (number of Layers, diff traces impedance, single traces impedance)

What do you think about these aspects, and can you suggest me more ideas?
robertferanec , 01-11-2021, 01:40 AM
In all the companies I have worked, normally the engineer who designed the board always goes to the EMC test and he/she operates the device. The people from EMC lab, they "just measure". So we do not create any special documents for EMC test engineers - so I can really help

But maybe I do not understand the question correctly?

Comments:
Firasgany7, 01-11-2021, 01:49 AM
Hi Robert,Yes usually that's the case.here I'm asked to prepare a file that would make their measurement easier.for example length of the cables, how the cables are connected, fundamental clock frequencies on the board, and stuff like that, I was hoping people can share more thoughts in that direction.Thanks,
robertferanec , 01-11-2021, 03:00 AM
for example length of the cables, how the cables are connected, fundamental clock frequencies on the board, and stuff like that,
- this is on my list of possible videos about EMC
Comments:
Firasgany7, 01-11-2021, 03:05 AM
Sounds great looking forward into seeing these videos!
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?