| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Design ideas

colhany , 01-11-2022, 03:23 PM
Hello everyone
I'm an ECE student on my second year perusing a career in hardware engineering and embedded systems.
I have worked with EagleCAD and Altium Designer, but my experience with Altium is much less (I've only newly learned it).
I was wondering if anyone has any ideas about schematic and PCB designs that I can do for practice.
I have worked on buck converters, sensors and STM32 microcontrollers (although I programmed them in Arduino IDE and not in C).
Where can I go from there?
I was thinking about something more complicated that has like Wi-Fi or RF, so I can start practicing on this field. What do you think?
I have also worked with AVR microcontrollers and programmed them using C.
I also though about making a PCB that has microcontroller and program it using C, that was I practice both PCB design and embedded systems at the same time, but my skills with embedded programming using C are very minimal.
What is your advice for me?

Thank you in advance.
robertferanec , 01-14-2022, 07:47 AM
If you can work with MCU, move to CPU e.g Raspberry Pi to understand systems with OS running on them.
Comments:
colhany, 01-14-2022, 07:48 AM
Thank you Robert!As I mentioned, I can only program STM microcontrollers using Arduino and not C programming, do I consider this "can work with the MCU" ?
robertferanec , 01-14-2022, 08:26 AM
Arduino is based on C. If you feel you need more practicing in C, you can try to write program for MCU from scratch and do not use Arduino.
Comments:
colhany, 01-14-2022, 08:33 AM
Got it, thank you
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?