| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

MATLAB for simulation?

colhany , 04-01-2022, 02:57 PM
Hi everyone
I was browsing one of Tesla's (Hardware engineering) Internships, when I came across this in the requirements:
  • Experience in MATLAB, Python, C/C++ or equivalent tools for modeling and analysis.
My question is, how can MATLAB be used to simulate a PCB? I know MATLAB is a great simulation tool for many engineering fields, but HOW can it be used with PCBs?
Thank you
qdrives , 04-02-2022, 04:14 PM
Because electronics drive physical items, like motors, and they are 'often' simulated in Matlab.
What is left out this simulation is the transient response of the FETs, parasitics, thermal, etc.
You can also write software in Matlab. That software can be 'converted' to the embedded part too. It is not converted much as Matlab uses C(++) language.
robertferanec , 04-04-2022, 05:16 AM
Matlab is used a lot to simulate response of systems. I don't use it, but when I was at University, Matlab was used especially in robotics and automation. I guess, they do not expect to use Matlab for PCB design simulation, they may mean that it can me maybe used when designing the systems and circuits.
colhany , 04-04-2022, 11:09 AM
Thank you everyone
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?