| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Altium 16

hajri_abderaouf , 02-18-2016, 06:38 AM
Hi,
it's just now that i had install altium 16,for the moment it's ok,better than 15,with new modification,if someone have try it and can tell me how to activate Visual clearance boundaries?i think it should be with a shortcut key? thanks
mairomaster , 02-18-2016, 11:37 AM
Hi,

You should check the option in Preferences -> PCB Editor -> Interactive Routing -> Display Clearance Boundaries.
Comments:
robertferanec, 02-18-2016, 11:52 AM
I have not tried it yet, good to know. Did you find it useful?
mairomaster , 02-18-2016, 04:40 PM
I haven't used it as much as well. I did some tracking today and left it on. It seems that it gives you a better idea of clearances, especially if you have varying ones and some bigger ones. With that perspective, you don't try running tracks through impossibly tight spaces for example, just to find out they can't possibly fit there. I have to test it for longer to get a better opinion.

There is a small sub-option by the way (just under the main one in the settings), which shows the boundaries only in a small radius around the cursor when you are tracking, which is supposed to improve the system performance I guess. I am not using it though, I find it strange.
hajri_abderaouf , 02-19-2016, 01:38 AM
thanks mario..it work now very well
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?