| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Board to board connection - rule set up

jpnbino , 03-01-2016, 02:48 PM
Hi, I'm trying to set up a rule to allow me to make a board to board connection through a board cutout. I failed in design rule check. Can anyone help ? I uploaded images to clarify my question. Thanks in advance!

How do I fix the error I got?
mairomaster , 03-02-2016, 05:28 AM
Hi jpnbino,

I am guessing the error is because of the rule you set. However, to be sure, you can either hoover over the violation region marked with green dots or expand the Class column in the Message window to see the full Class of the violation. If that is really the case, it could be because you set the distance in the rule to 0 and the minimum distance that you currently have seems to be zero as well (edges of the pads are touching the Keep-Out track centre). Altium rules are normally inclusive, which means that if you have a minimum clearance set in the rule of 10 mm for example and the actual clearance is 10 mm, it would flag an error. If the actual distance is 10.001 mm however, it will be fine.

Try to disable the rule and see if the violation will disappear after a DRC check.
jpnbino , 03-05-2016, 02:43 PM
Hi mairo,

Well, I disabled the rule as you told me to but I still get error from the general rule for this type of violation.
I choose for correcting the error dragging the Line in Keep-Out Layer ( Since as concept I think it is not used for board cut definition but for designer advice), and I created a layer called boardline to draw the board outline and the cuts in it.

If something I wrote is wrong, let me know.

Thanks
mairomaster , 03-05-2016, 03:39 PM
It is a bit difficult to me to say what exactly is happening without having your project. If you are sure about the reason why the error appears and it is not an actual problem, for convenience you can just add an exception for it in the rule, so it is not appearing every time you do DRC check.
jpnbino , 03-05-2016, 04:37 PM
I see. I'm quite sure it is not an actual error. So the exception is done. Thanks a lot
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?