| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Footprint rotation issue

eugarte , 05-02-2016, 08:23 AM

If you rotate 45 or 90 degrees a component, the Top and Buttom Paste layers are not affected, but if you rotate a component (I did it around 30 degrees) in a different angle, happens the issue in the picture 1. In that picture there is a light gray rectangle around the component, bigger than the component and that light gray rectangle causes me conflict to place a component close to the first. This is why I think the problem remains in the Top and Buttom Paste layers, and this issue is causing me a lot of problems because mi PCB is small.

In other words: I place a component and I need to rotate it 30 degrees to the left to place it nice, when I do it, a light grey rectangle appears around the component. When I place a second component close to the first, it generates an issue.

I hope you can help me to solve this out.

Thanks and best regards,
mairomaster , 05-02-2016, 02:04 PM
The thing you see is the selection rectangle. It shoes the maximum x and y coordinates of the component when it is selected. It shouldn't cause you any issues. Are you getting DRC errors, and if yes what exactly? I work with 45 degree components quite a bit and don't have any issues. And if you have issues, I am quite convinced that it won't be because of the paste layers.

eugarte , 05-02-2016, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the response, I just checked it and you are right, it is the selection rectanle and it marks an error when an other component is placed close to the first but it dissapear when I run the PCB Rule Check so it has no real issue.

Thanks for your answer!
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?