| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

USB PCB Layout

vadaszi , 05-19-2016, 03:32 AM
Hi,

I have a simple question about USB PCB layout. I have an RC on the DP and DN line. How should I place them? My CPU has USB peripheral so from USB connector I go straight to the CPU (there is a protection diode as well, but there is no other FTDI chip or anything).

Should I place both the R and C close to the connector (to the diode), or separate them, R to the connector, C to the IC, or both to the IC, or whatever?

Thanks a lot!
robertferanec , 05-19-2016, 05:24 AM
What CPU do you use?
vadaszi , 05-19-2016, 05:35 AM
robertferanec , 05-19-2016, 05:45 AM
I din't find the exact chip development kit, but here they placed it close to the connector. In your case I would follow the reference design and also place it close to the connector.

See: MSP430F5529 USB LaunchPad Evaluation Kit -> MSP430 LaunchPad Value Line Development kit
robertferanec , 05-19-2016, 05:57 AM
It mixed up the links, I had to re-post them.
vadaszi , 05-19-2016, 06:05 AM
Yes, I found the relevant part of the Evaluation kit. Thankyou.
Comments:
robertferanec, 05-19-2016, 06:07 AM
vadaszi oki. When I placed the links there, TI website somehow went to different page and I posted wrong links, so I re-posted them. Have a look, but I guess it is very similar to what you are using.
vadaszi , 05-19-2016, 06:32 AM
Ohh..yes. This one is definitely closer. But there is an USB in the previous one also, and they routed the RC the same way in both design. In this one (what you reposted) there is a protection diode too, so quite the same than mine, and place them close to the connector.

Thank you again!
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?