| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

FID

JohnsonMiller , 08-08-2016, 02:02 PM
Hi,

Regarding FIDs, what rules we should obey in nearby components placements?

another question, is there any possibility to export PCB rules from one design to another?

Thanks in advance,
robertferanec , 08-09-2016, 03:24 AM
Hi @JohnsonMiller.

1) We have two kind of fiducials in our library. One with a big mask opening (40mil pad, 120mil solder mask opening) and one with smaller mask opening (32mil pad diameter, 44mil solder mask diameter, this is used for very high density boards). However, we place fiducials also on the panel, and honestly, I have never asked which of these three they really use in the assembly house.

According to component clearance, we use standard 0.1mm placement rule between fiducials and other components. I do not route in the mask opening area and I do not place any components there.

Also, this is what we usually add to Manufacturing Notes layer:
7. PANELIZE THE BOARD (4PCS PER PANEL). PLACE FIDUCIALS ON THE PANEL STRIPS AS FOLLOWS:
- FIDUCIAL DIAMTER 1-1.5MM, SOLDER MASK OPENING AT LEAST 1MM GREATER THAN FIDUCIAL
- MINIMUM 4MM DISTANCE FROM THE PANEL EDGE
- 3 FIDUCIALS SHOULD LIE ON TWO LINES THAT INTERSECT AT A RIGHT ANGLE
- PLACE ONE FIDUCIAL INTO EACH PANEL CORNER (FOUR ON THE TOP AND FOUR ON THE BOTTOM LAYER)
- USE BREAKAWAY TABS AS SHOWN BELOW

2) I do not use import/export of rules, but I believe it is possible (right click on a rule and use import/export). This can help: http://techdocs.altium.com/display/A...xporting+Rules
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?