| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Could be RF signal tracks considered as high speed tracks?

juanjo , 10-14-2015, 08:20 AM
Hello All.

I see quite a lot of documentation about high speed signal tracks referred mainly to digital signals like clocks or high speed interfaces, but not that many about RF signals tracks. I have checked very quickly some Signal Integrity books and they don't really make any distinction (if RF is mention, because most of them don't take in account this type of signals). My question is, in practice, can we use the same techniques for digital high speed tracks (like the ones presented in the Advanced High Speed Layout Course) with RF tracks for PCB layout? Or is a totally separate subject?

Thanks in advance.
Juan.
robertferanec , 10-14-2015, 08:26 AM
@juanjo I hope, someone will tell us more about RF, I am also curious. RF is not my area, but I will be very happy to learn something new.

Note: From my experience, when I had to do something with RF (e.g. PCB antenna for a module) the chip manufacturer provided some RF PCB layout recommendations.
juanjo , 10-14-2015, 09:11 AM
Thanks for your response @robertferanec.

Let me give some context to this. My company is participating in a joint project with others of a TTC (Telemetry Tracking and Command) modem. As we are focused more in the embedded software part, we are using demo FPGA and SDR boards. Eventually a prototype will be designed and I would like to help the team in charge of that.

I will add here information on the topic as I learn things about it.
robertferanec , 10-14-2015, 09:12 AM
Thank you @juanjo!
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?