| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Question for lesson 3,advanced hardware design

Nguyenvanhieu , 10-31-2016, 11:34 AM
Hi Robert,
I see that,On lesson 3,you creat a new sch library mylibrary.SchLib.And you IMPORT parameter to new component,e.g 74LVC8T245.Then you copy sch symbol from exist library (which contains 74LVC8T245 have no parameter),paste to mylibrary.SchLib.and replace 74LVC8T245(of mylibrary.SchLib) on schematic
I dont know why you don't you do that way?After you suppiler search on Altium,74LVC8T245,right click mouse and choose" add supplier link and parameter to 74LVC8T245" to add parameter of component on exist library.You dont need to creat new one.and you can normally delete and replace 74LVC8T245 on schematic,too.
Thankyou.
robertferanec , 11-01-2016, 09:39 AM
Depends ....

We have our own big library (e.g. mylibrary) with all the components we have ever used in all the projects. So, when we work on a project, and we need to use a component, we always go to this big library first and check if we don't have the component.

If you do not create and use your own library, you can do it the way as you are suggesting, but then you may end up with multiple libraries with different kind of components which make working with library more difficult (you can have multiple versions of same components, you are not sure what components were checked, you will not be sure what libraries should be used to synchronize particular components, etc.)

The main point was to show, that when you are creating your own library, you do not have to create it from scratch, but you can copy and paste components from existing projects into your big library.
Nguyenvanhieu , 11-02-2016, 05:55 AM
And if you have 2 resistor,1k and 10k have same footprint,e.g0805?How should we save them in library?one component(e.g R0805) or 2 component separately?
robertferanec , 11-02-2016, 07:14 AM
They would have two symbols in schematic library and they would use one common footprint. It's easier then to generate BOMs. It will be in the next lessons
Nguyenvanhieu , 11-06-2016, 01:40 AM
Hi robert
I have some problems and I want to ask you what will you do in these case:
1.I cant file some component in IMX53 schematic library:ARMICE20,DVI-I,FBEAD( has no information),some H%(H3,H4),JTAG8,L,LEDH3,PBSW,RJ45RA,spectically USB2A.In this case,I find on digikey and choose components I think they ok or use initial component on IMX53 library?
2.I dont know why when I search on digikey e.g LP2980AIM5-3.3/NOPB,decription is SOT-235,but package/case SC-74A or SOT-753?what exactly the footprint I need to save on altium?
3.A component .e.g DIMM200 has 4 parts,separately symbol on schematic but same footprint?How can I creat it which look like on IMX53 library?
4.Thank you very much.
robertferanec , 11-07-2016, 07:58 AM
1) 2) You do not need to create all the components. The point is to show you how difficult it is to find components if they are not fully specified.
3) This may be what you are looking for: http://www.fedevel.com/designhelp/fo...-documentation
4)
Comments:
Nguyenvanhieu, 11-07-2016, 08:31 AM
Wow.I created a big library from IMX6,open REX and others.Although I must go to each component and add something e.g mechanical and pin 1 ..,but this libary has almost component i need.So I realize that some your open project is very useful.
robertferanec , 11-07-2016, 09:45 AM
I realize that some your open project is very useful.
Thank you @Nguyenvanhieu
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?