| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Schematic Editor's highlighting pen

mostafa222 , 01-12-2017, 07:03 AM
hi dear robert. in altium documentation, there is a tool with name "Schematic Editor's highlighting pen". but in my altium designer 17, i cant find it. where is it?
robertferanec , 01-12-2017, 09:51 AM
@mostafa222 I have never used it, but maybe they renamed it to "Net Colors"?

mostafa222 , 01-12-2017, 09:57 AM
in describing Blanket, Altium Say use "Schematic Editor's highlighting pen" to See Scope Of a blanket and see what nets are included in a blanket. how you see what net are included in one blanket?
mostafa222 , 01-12-2017, 10:03 AM
another question. i want to use port in multi sheet design to show page number of each port. and i use harness to show connection between sheets in Top level sheet and group the net when too many net will be connecting to harness and will be grouped and shown in Top level sheet. but when i create sheet symbol using "create sheet symbol from sheet or hdl", the port i created will be shown in sheet symbol and because there is many port, i want the ports not to be shown in sheet symbol and only harness to be shown. what can i do?
robertferanec , 01-12-2017, 10:40 AM
I do not use harness either. Maybe someone else can help you?
mostafa222 , 01-12-2017, 11:44 PM
ok. thank you so much.
mostafa222 , 01-13-2017, 12:17 AM
What is "NF" Stand For in open rex board?
mairomaster , 01-13-2017, 01:55 AM
You can use the net colour pen (as Robert showed) and click on a blanked. The result is that all nets covered by the blanket will be coloured. I personally don't use this - you can use the Navigator in schematics or the PCB window in the PCB to check which nets are included in a net class (the blankets are mostly used to define net classes).

The question about the ports/harnesses is not very clear to me. Normally the idea is that if you have ports in a schematic sheet (doesn't matter if they are connected to wires, busses or harnesses) they should appear on the sheet symbol for this sheet at the top level. That is because the idea of ports is to bring signals in and out of a sheet. If you don't want to have many ports in the sheet symbol, you can group all required signals in the schematic sheet in a harness and use a single port for the harness.

NF stands for Not Fitted. The idea is that you have some components that are not normally required but can be useful for debugging and other purposes. NF states that they should not be soldering during the assembly (the footprints are left blank). Other often used abbreviation si DNP (do not populate).
mostafa222 , 01-13-2017, 02:06 AM
thanks so much. as you said, i use harness for grouping nets. but i want use ports too, for show page number of each net located. but i want ports not to shown in sheet symbol. can i do that?
mairomaster , 01-13-2017, 05:57 AM
Can you attach a few screenshots of what you are doing at the moment?
robertferanec , 01-16-2017, 01:05 PM
Thank you @mairomaster
antoniocontursi660 , 03-07-2020, 06:35 AM
_Hi guys, i have a question, how can i do to visualize the blanket as in photo?
robertferanec , 03-09-2020, 02:28 AM
Hi guys, i have a question, how can i do to visualize the blanket as in photo?
- hmm, I have never seen anything like that .. look more like a bug or something. Did you find out what the problem was?
antoniocontursi660 , 03-09-2020, 02:49 AM
Mmm honestly no, I think as you said it's an Altium bug because even if I insert the collapsed blanket, it does not have this form.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?