| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

analog and digital gnd routing

mostafa222 , 01-31-2017, 11:51 PM
Hi. I have two gnd in my design. Analog an digital gnd. I connect them in schematic but i want to connect the analog and digital gnd plane in one point in pcb. When i update the pcb, altium remove one of the net name and use one single name for both analog and digital gnd because in schematic, they are conected together but they have different name. Ho i can solve this problem? How you conect analog and digital gnd together and you dont face this problem.
mairomaster , 02-01-2017, 02:43 AM
In Altium you can't properly have 2 different nets shorted together - the situation described by you would happen. A walk around that is to have a Net Tie component:

Altium TechDocs are online documentation for Altium products, providing the basic information you need to get the most out of our tools. Discover features you didn't know existed and get the most out of those you already know about.

It is not a very elegant solution, since you might need a customised net tie component for every different situation, but this is how it works with Altium. In some situations where you need to tie signals together, it is also practical to use 0R resistor.

mostafa222 , 02-01-2017, 03:08 AM
Thanks so much
hajri_abderaouf , 02-07-2017, 02:35 AM
Hi,

Try to use ferrite bead or 0R resistor to connect XGND to GND

Comments:
hajri_abderaouf, 02-08-2017, 01:14 AM
robertferanec Thank you robert for the clarification,i'll try to use only 0R resistor in the future.i don't know about ESD problems caused by Bead because the role of TVS Diode,but only for one time Bead create a problem for me it was when i have connect AGND of audio amplifier with GND the sound was full of noise.So when i have replace it with 0R the problem was solvedSo to resume 0R is best solution.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?