| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Requesting information on PCB fabrication and assembly suppliers.

Kulunu , 02-20-2017, 03:24 AM
Dear Robert Feranec and All,
I'm referring your iMAX6 Rex open source hardware designs for my new hardware design project and it is really helpful for me to understand about high speed RAM layout design and etc.

I need to do fabrication and assembly for my first prototype design and following is the design classifications.
  1. Min Via Size :- (Diameter - 0.27 mm & Hole size - 0.1 mm )
  2. Min track width - 0.08mm
  3. PCB thickness - 1.6 mm
  4. Surface finishing - Immersion Gold
  5. Differential Pair Included
  6. Material - FR4 IT-180A
  7. 0.1mm through hole vias included

1) Will you guys do outside PCB manufacturing ?

2) Could you please give me the PCB manufactures information (Europe or any part of the world) which have the capability of doing this kind of design (Specially who can handle 0.1mm through hole vias) ?

I must be thankful to you if you will kindly reply me as soon as possible.

Regards & Thanks,
Kulunu Geeganage.

mairomaster , 02-20-2017, 04:53 AM
1) What do you mean by outside PCB manufacturing?

2) I don't think you will find many, if any, manufacturers who can do 0.1 mm TH via at 1.6 mm board thickness. Even the micro via is pushing it a bit with 0.27 mm pad, but at least this should be achievable with a high end manufacturer.

Maybe it will be useful if you give some more information about the board, like size, component count, type of components/function, etc. How many blanks do you need to make at the first go?
Comments:
Kulunu, 02-23-2017, 09:17 PM
Hi mairomaster,Many thanks for your information. I'll contact those companies.Regards & Thanks,Kulunu.
robertferanec , 02-20-2017, 12:05 PM
2) Looks like possible ... but who knows for what cost. I attached design guidelines from Exception PCB, see pages 8 and 9:
Comments:
Kulunu, 02-21-2017, 03:11 AM
Thanks a lot for your reply and I'll check with them asking for quote.Regards,Kulunu.
youmg , 05-12-2017, 02:50 AM
I know the Chinese supplier Wellpcb
They have online quotes, if they can not meet your requirements, or you can send an email
Circuit Board Fabrication and IPC Class 3 Assembly Turnkey Services PCB Flex PCB Rigid-Flex PCB Dimensions xmm Quantity Layer Quote Now Why Us? Top-Notch Service You can bank on us because we guarantee high-quality products and services that are World-classAll our products meet the UL or IPC and ROHS&Reach Standards Best value at Affordable Prices […]
Moxxir , 06-08-2017, 01:25 AM

For small batch pcb fabrication and assembly, I've been dying to check out Seeed Studio's Fusion program. I think they have pretty cost competitive options, and the open parts library they've developed is sourced locally in Shenzhen, so it can start you down the road of sourcing for mass production also.

As far as identify CM's for mass production, we also have some recommendations. In general, it's not strictly volume that is important, but actually [order qty] * [BOM cost] that manufacturers care about. The higher the BOM cost, the larger the opportunity for value add services and margin, so an expensive PCB is easier to produce in small volumes than a small, cheap one smile
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?