| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Fabrication Testpoint

hajri_abderaouf , 12-17-2015, 09:45 AM
Hi,

I would create test pad for each node on my pcb,i had follow the following step:
1-I had set the design rules
2-Tools>Testpoint manager>Fabrication testpoint (see attachements)
Bare-Board Fabrication are always incomplete
Is the test point presented in the pcb are generated by altium or by the user ?
Kind regards,
robertferanec , 12-17-2015, 11:38 AM
Hi @hajri_abderaouf. I do not use Altium testpoints. I do not remember exactly why, but I know I tried it, but it wasn't what I was expecting.

In our schematic, we use a special testpoint component. It's a simple 1 pin schematic symbol, with simple 1 pad footprint.
mairomaster , 12-17-2015, 04:25 PM
I do the same as Robert. Just create a schematic symbol with 1 passive pin. It is good to set the component type to No BOM, so it will not appear in the BOM if you generate such. For the footprint I use a simple 1 mm round pad (make sure the designator of the pad is the same as with the schematic symbol pin designator).
hajri_abderaouf , 12-18-2015, 01:45 AM
Hi,
I do the same in some net,but i want to create a test point in every node,so with a complex schematic i will be very hard to ensure that i have not foget anyone,so i'm for a technique that generate all of those.
Many thanks,
robertferanec , 12-18-2015, 11:21 PM
Ah, I have never put testpoints an all the nets, so I can not really help with this Maybe try to check with you Altium support. They may be able to help you.
hajri_abderaouf , 12-21-2015, 01:03 AM
Hi,
Great,i'm asked to do a TP to every node,because the product must be tested in every node (flying probe),with altium i can check wich node that don't have a test point,just the follow many step,set it in design and after go to tools>testpoint manager,i find that it can be useful if i go back to schematic and adding a TP and after that updating pcb,it was a great solution because i can annotate every one,but they told me you don't have to modify any thing in schematic
So,if i will add manualy TP on PCB by adding new footprint component it comes with name (designator 1),the manufacture ask me to send them a file wich is a list of all tp named successively
example:
Net Name Xcoord Y coord
3V AA1
5V AA2
R32_2 AA3
good day freind,i will go back to post the solution when i find it because it's very interesting
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?