| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

what are the necessary files for manufacturing?

, 10-24-2017, 02:04 AM
After design PCB I sent the pcb file (for example with the format of *.brd) to the manufacturer to make the pcb. But now, I need to send the gerber files, but I am not sure which section of PCB should be export (bottom layer, top layer, inner layer, silkscreen,...). Anybody can tell me which is important for manufacturer?
Moreover one more question, I use PCB editor (cadence) to design PCB. I created the logo as a mechanical symbol and import to project. but this is DRAWING FORMAT not silkscreen. As I did before, I used etch or silksceern to write on the board. Now the question is that what is drawing format in PCB.
robertferanec , 10-24-2017, 12:40 PM
You can download complete Manufacturing documentation from our open source projects to see what we send out: http://www.imx6rex.com/

But basically, this may give you some ideas:

To your second question, did you try Place -> Mechanical symbol? You may want to create the logo symbol on the layers where you need it.

, 10-25-2017, 04:59 AM
Robert, I did the exact thing which you did here as a symbol ( Place -> Mechanical symbol), it is in the class of drawing format and subclass of logo. the question if I leave it like this, the manufacturer can print it on the board or not?

one more question, what is difference between silkscreen in the class of board geometry, Ref Des, package Geometry? why we use different classes for it? is the result the same or not?
robertferanec , 10-25-2017, 01:13 PM
Check the logo footprint in your library - what layers it is using.

Allegro can split one "layer" into more "sublayers". So for example if you don't want to see Reference Designators on your Silkscreen, you can simply turn them OFF. Anything you manually draw in your PCB, you may want to place on Board Geometry Silkscreen (e.g. notes, logo, company info). Silkscreen Package geometry will contain for example the outline of the component.

Hope this helps.
, 10-25-2017, 01:41 PM
Thanx Robert,

Your explnation were really helpful.
The logo's format was belonged to design format class. I changed it to silkscreen subclass.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?