| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

ow to generate pdf file from gerber file???

, 10-30-2017, 03:15 PM
hi everyone??
does anybody know how I can generate pdf file from gerber file in cadence (scale 1.0)?
it m me crazy!!!
I used export pdf, but it is not gerber. it is design mode.
robertferanec , 10-30-2017, 04:15 PM
Guest, could you be more specific? I am not really sure what you are trying to do. Are you trying to print your gerbers into PDF?

I believe if you use Export to PDF, then it should print the films ("gerbers") into PDF. I do not have the Export to PDF feature available in my Allegro license, but friend of mine generated the PDF for me. See the file here: ISL6236A_V1I1__ISL6236A Project V1I1.pdf
, 10-30-2017, 04:31 PM
Hi Robert,

Thank you for replay.
The output pdf is the same which you artached here.
But the problem is that the manager asked me the output format exactly like gerber format. For example , in the gerber file for top layer you have only we have a solid plane but here is not.
robertferanec , 10-30-2017, 04:37 PM
Did you check your films? Export -> Gerbers (the exact menu path depends on what license you use, I have Orcad Standard):

, 10-30-2017, 05:28 PM
Yes, I created the gerber file like the picture attached.
The gerber file is ok, the problem is it, i want to export these gerber files as a single pdf. We I use the export pdf or use the print to pdf, the output is not gerber.

P.S. Actually gerber file is ok for me, but the manager asked me the pdf of gerber file. I tried to give him export of pdf, but he was not satisfied with this.
robertferanec , 10-30-2017, 05:33 PM
Maybe because the screenshot which you attached is combination of more layers? That's just my guess, I am not sure.

I am still not sure if you are trying to generate gerber files (in that case use Create Artwork button) or pdf file (in that case use Export to PDF).
, 10-31-2017, 07:38 PM
Thank you Robert,

I created the gerber files in the correct way, but Orcad is not able to create the pdf file from the gerber files ( actuallt, it creates if you have pdf's license, but like the foto I attached above.)

Therefore, I had to use the other software to generate pdf from gerber files.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?