| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

may I ask you to review my first pcb design and give some suggestions.

, 11-08-2017, 10:30 AM
I followed the Robert's online courses and designed a new pcb. because of I am a new in pcb design, I would be thankful if you give me some advice about my first pcb design.
the photos attached here are from top and bottom layer. the pcb is simple and it uses first one isolation amplifier and then an op-amp. the voltages are +5 for isolation amplifier and +-15v for op-amp. the grounds of isolation amplifier and op-amp are separated.
robertferanec , 11-09-2017, 02:19 PM
Guest, please do you have any specific questions? Something like: "I am not sure about this or that .. here is schematic and this is how I did it in layout". It would be easier to help.
, 11-09-2017, 02:30 PM
Thank you Robert for reply.
For example,
1)under the SMPS, sp4, or underthe analog IC we can use ground plane or not. As I know for example for relay we must not use ground plane because it induces noise into ground plane.
2) for the xonnecto JP7, it is better to use thermal pad inatead of full contact, for the pin which connected to plane?
Especially if it maybe need to re-solder it, the connection can be detached from the board.
robertferanec , 11-10-2017, 05:35 PM
1) I can not really help with this. It is a different kind of boards what I normally design. Also I believe if someone would like to help you, they may need to see also schematic and more info (e.g. how many layers this board has, what is on other layers, .....)

2) I use thermal contact if the pin is connected on more than one layer to a plane (e.g. multiple GND planes). If pin only connects on one layer, often I use direct contact (e.g. power planes).
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?