| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Update PCB 3D Body

viniciusserrano , 01-24-2018, 09:54 AM
Hello,
I add 3D body and update PCB but the 3D body don’t stay in same position as in the footprint.
alferdvidal , 01-24-2018, 12:23 PM
robertferanec , 01-24-2018, 12:40 PM
@viniciusserrano can you attach 3D screenshot from your footprint library? The 3D model should not move when you use it in PCB - it should stay in the same position as it is placed in the library. Possibly, try to update the footprint in PCB from library (go to library, right click on the footprint and update PCB)
robertferanec , 01-24-2018, 07:14 PM
HI @viniciusserrano, I apologize, I went trough your question again and now I can see the screenshots. This is interesting. I would maybe try older Altium - just in case it is not a bug. Possibly also try to update the footprint from library (in case the 3D model was somehow moved in PCB - I am not sure if that is possible, but you can try the update, maybe it will help).
robertferanec , 01-31-2018, 11:05 AM
This may be related to this problem: https://forum.live.altium.com/#posts/226724/93596

He is saying, that it looks like the origin of 3D model has been moved - but I am not sure if this applies for existing footprints - and also, interesting, there are no replays to the post.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?