| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

update the library property for all components on a board

floridiaan , 02-05-2018, 06:22 AM
Dear all,
When i design a pcb i like to create one PCB lib for the project, so i have a nice stand alone package.
The problem i face is that i don't see how to update the library property of all PCB footprints to the one i just created with 'Design -> make PCB library).
i have tried with "Find simular objects", but there i can't find "Libary" field. I also tried with "PCB list" but also there i can't find the Libary field.
In schematic there is a Footprint manager (Tools -> Footprint manager" where i can update PCB library with my new lib's name, but when i "Update PCB document", then the Libary field for all components stays unchanged in PCB design.

How can i update all library fields of all components to 1 library ?
Thank You
robertferanec , 02-06-2018, 10:27 AM
floridiaan , 02-12-2018, 02:22 AM
Hi Robert,

Thank you for the respons.
This is unfortunately not the solution.
i am trying to get the PCB libary name for all components at the same name.
Any other suggestions?

Thank you
Steve
robertferanec , 02-12-2018, 08:10 PM
Ah, you need it for footprints. Then the Tools -> Footprint manager should work:

floridiaan , 02-26-2018, 12:30 AM
that i already tried, but in PCB design the libs are not updated

"In schematic there is a Footprint manager (Tools -> Footprint manager" where i can update PCB library with my new lib's name, but when i "Update PCB document", then the Libary field for all components stays unchanged in PCB design."
robertferanec , 02-26-2018, 12:01 PM
Did you check if the library was updated in schematic symbol footprint? (double click on a schematic symbol, find footprint, than double click into Description field and double check if that information was updated - you should see there the link to the new library).

If yes, maybe then you may need to re-sync schematic with PCB ... but I am only guessing, I have not tested the re-sync.

floridiaan , 03-05-2018, 01:46 AM
The PCB location in schematic is ok, but not in PCB as you can see in the picture.
Re-sync does not help neither.

To recapitulate things , this is how it fails
a) create schematic and PCB, in PCB i use a personal PCB lib for the footprints.
b) Then i create a PCB lib (make PCB library)
c) after this there seems to be no way to get the PCB lib description of PCB components synced between schematic and pcb
robertferanec , 03-05-2018, 06:19 PM
Hmm, this is interesting. Then, I do not know I would probably try to delete the component from PCB and check what will happen when I do synchronization ... if the new added component will have correct footprint or not. That will not solve the problem, just confirm if the footprint path in sch was updated ok.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?