| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

placement speed issues

prabhu , 02-07-2018, 02:57 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have designed my 25 page schematics in altium 17 after that i have updated my schematics in the PCB

my problem is whenever i have tried to place my components from the room into the PCB board it is taking very long and it is very slow because of running to many things in the back side i guess i have also turned off the Online DRC even though it is very slow

can anyone suggest me how to speed up placing the components like page by page schematics or improving the altium speed by making some settings

any suggestion or ideas would be greatly helpful

Thank you
prabhu
robertferanec , 02-07-2018, 07:43 AM
This is how I very often do placement (the technique can be a little bit different between different Altium versions): https://www.fedevel.com/welldoneblog...e-new-old-way/

It should not be so slow. Usually I do not use the component rooms (you can disable it in Project -> Project Options -> Class Generation : Uncheck Generate Rooms).
prabhu , 02-07-2018, 08:22 AM
Hello Robert

thank you so much for your kind reply i have learnt from your course advanced pcb layout how to speed up placing components

is it possbile for me to do the fanout under FPGA roughly without placing decoupling capacitors? is it advisable to time consuming because i am sure about the decoupling capacitors values my power design engineer is working on it so i would like to do the fanout just unde FPGA inorder to make the future connections with the required power source and decoupling capacitors
robertferanec , 02-12-2018, 07:17 PM
Thank you
I would not do fanout of BGA without decoupling capacitors. Normally I try to avoid working on PCB until Schematic is finished (sometimes this is not possible, but I try to minimize this situations). Re-doing layout (trying to move something or insert something) may be often even harder then doing the layout from scratch again (and also it can make the layout more messy).
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?