| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

How Calculate Bypass Capacitor?

Mohsen.Sharif , 02-22-2018, 12:49 PM
Hi.
how calculate bypass capacitor value for iMX6?
robertferanec , 02-26-2018, 09:52 AM
You can probably simulate it (if you get model of iMX6 power), but much easier way is to follow reference schematic or design guide. I think, in the iMX6 design guide, there is a table about decoupling capacitors - how many you need to place for each rail.
Mohsen.Sharif , 02-26-2018, 12:26 PM
thanks Robert.
Board Simulation is done by "HyperLunx" software?
Did you use reference manual for design Bypass Capacitor Network(iMX6)?

My Opinion:
To design, we must first use the "Reference Manual" or "PCB Design Guide for iMX6" and then simulate the board by software (For example: HyperLynx).

Its right?
robertferanec , 02-26-2018, 05:05 PM
If it is not needed, I do not simulate boards. I only simulate if I break too many or important rules (for example if memory layout is not routed as recommended in design guide). In this case I use mostly Hyperlynx (if the client has license - I do not have my own license).

I am not sure what exactly you would use for decoupling capacitor simulation. Sometimes you can use tools on websites like Murrata, sometimes you may want to us PDN analysis software ... sometimes proper simulations ... I do not really simulate powers, so I can not help you with this.

Did you use reference manual for design Bypass Capacitor Network(iMX6)?
I do not remember exactly ... I remember that there was a table with the info - somwhere. You may find also some info inside the PCB Layout check document: https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-93819

Mohsen.Sharif , 02-27-2018, 12:53 AM
Thanks Robert.
Most of my goal is the overall design of the circuit in all circumstances, for greater stability.
Because the design might be a little complicated and even a few rules are violated, I attempted to the simulation process.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?