| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

SRAM track length

dramos , 03-08-2018, 05:11 AM
Hi to all,

It is the first time I have to work with a ASYNC SRAM of Cypress, CY7C1041GN30-10ZSXI. and my question is if the data and address tracks should have the same length.
I have seen of one of the Robert's videos about Altium and tracks length that the tolerance used on memories is 10mils. Should I have to use the same values? where I can check it?

Many tahnks for your help.

Regards,
dramos

robertferanec , 03-10-2018, 12:06 PM
Length matching is not always so strict. I do not know what is speed of your SRAM, but you can get some ideas for example from this document: https://www.picmg.org/wp-content/upl...2013-12-06.pdf

Here is example of PCI length matching requirement:
dramos , 03-22-2018, 04:39 PM
Dear Robert,

First of all, sorry for the late reply I have been a little bit sick during the last days.

Well, after reading many application docs about routing memories I found the next one in Cypresss

and after reading it really carefully I realized that perhaps it was not so important if you do the things with a little bit care and love.

The memory I am using has not as strict spec as you showed. Well I did not find something like this. That is the reason why I say that care and love are the best key ingredient for a nice pcb.(in my case)

Many thanks to all,
dramos
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?