| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Length trace with through vias

baoNG , 05-09-2018, 04:08 AM
Hi Sir!
I have one problem.
In my project, i have trace with through vias, length of this trace = signal length + the depth of the vias (thickness of pcb).
when i layout the signal from Top_layer to Layer 3 ( pcb 6 layer , thickness 1.2mm, deelectric 1 to layer 3 is 0.25) the length of this trace = signal length + 1.2mm. like image
it is wrong?

Thank you so much
Muhmmad Ahsan , 05-09-2018, 04:48 AM
Hello
BaoNg,
You may route another small trace on your actual one that why is showing this difference result
My opinion is that delete the existence trace and make it new one
Comments:
baoNG, 05-09-2018, 04:58 AM
Hi Muhmmad Ahsan!Thank you for your comment, i have just fixed it, it is my wrong when config stackup. how do delete my post?thank you so much.
robertferanec , 05-09-2018, 10:10 AM
It looks to me, that there is a small connection missing on the bottom layer. Also, if you need to include length in VIAs, maybe consider using xSignals - that should give you more accurate results.
Paul van Avesaath , 05-15-2018, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by baoNG
Hi Sir!
I have one problem.
In my project, i have trace with through vias, length of this trace = signal length + the depth of the vias (thickness of pcb).
when i layout the signal from Top_layer to Layer 3 ( pcb 6 layer , thickness 1.2mm, deelectric 1 to layer 3 is 0.25) the length of this trace = signal length + 1.2mm. like image
it is wrong?

Thank you so much
If you need to route with via length in mind, save yourself the hassle and route all similar signals on the same layer. so if you can go to Toplayer-> via->mid layer->via-> bottomlayer. if you use all signals that way you dont need to calculate signal via length.
also like robert mentioned, use Xsignals that way all will be taken into account.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?