FEDEVEL
Platform forum

IPC standards

shereesubahan , 08-10-2018, 09:50 PM
Hi,
Can you share IPC standards for Schematic & PCB Designing
chitransh92 , 08-13-2018, 11:54 AM
Hello @shereesubahan ,
When you say PCB desing it has got IPC standard for every process starting from Component placement, Board layout , Type of material to be used even for Solder mask application and its grades.

I would suggest you can refer to IPC-2152 which explains the designing part for current calculation through track, vias and further more.

Thank you.
robertferanec , 08-14-2018, 03:32 AM
@shereesubahan, could you be more specific? Maybe it could help if you explain a little bit more why you are looking for IPC standards and what exactly you are trying to do.
PS: Personally, if I need to check specific IPC, I search on internet to see if I can find some information.
shereesubahan , 08-14-2018, 04:01 AM
Hi,
I am new to design, Trying to design a pcb with IPC standards
robertferanec , 08-14-2018, 06:31 AM
This can help you start: For footprint design, in Altium, the IPC Footprint wizard will help you with things like pad shape, pad size, .... For PCB rules, follow the PCB manufacturer recommendations (mask, drilling, ...) - they have to follow a lot of standards when they manufacture your PCB, so they can give you proper recommendations to meet the standards.

But the best would be if someone has list of the most useful IPC standards, anynone?
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?